Saturday 15 November 2008

Aloha from Hawaii (be fair no-one else says it so you know where I am!)

I can't believe how quickly time is passing!! I've already been here a week and I haven't had a chance to give you any updates.

Firstly everything you imagine Hawaii to be it is... and more! The sheer beauty of the sky, ocean, mountains, flora, animals and people is, at first, too much to take in. and now I've found myself begining to acclimatise to it all, which to me is a sign of slightly taking it for granted.
In a week I have managed to surf twice and both times on a reef break (reef underneath, not sand) This is what gives Hawaii the world class waves, it's a bit scary at first as the waves are lt more powerfull and bigger than ours so a fall could result in a bit of slight abrassion to the skin when in contact with said reef! In other words... don't come off co's it can bloomin hurt!

I have 2 sets of friends out here, an Aussie (Nik) friend and his wife Liane) who are students whom I have been staying with and surfing and sightseeing and laughing etc. And I also have some friends of a friend who I have as of yet never met. These guys have basically said I can stay at their home during the weeks as they are on their boat most of the time. Their house is on the north shore of Hawaii which is the surfing mecca! I have been so blessed to be able to stay in such an amazing place and am grateful to everyone. The day I got to the North Shore was the day the pro surfers came into town for the first leg of the Triple Crown and it has been AMAZING to see these guys in action... Unfortunatly I will NEVER be that good! No matter how much I focus my mind

3 comments:

estysump said...

Lovely to hear from you Stu, but where's your wife? Did you actually take Lou with you? Is she alive? What's with all the 'I'? Where's the love man? - where's the 'we'?

Love ya
Esx

Jordan said...

where's your wetsuit bbbbbrrrrrrr!....oh yeah!

my word verification below is horsearse..thats funny.

- Jordan

Anonymous said...

Nice to know you have a blog of your travels I am going to check in on you once in awhile...I have my own but its private..if you ever feel like you want to know more about my life you can feel free to email me your email address at alisongeake@msn.com and I can send you an invite! Have a great time! *Alison Panton Geake*