Sunday 16 November 2008

Robinson Stu'soe

I was lucky enough to stumble onto a campsite whilst on Hawaii where they had little huts to stay i on the beach. The place is called Malaekahana and is famous for it's tranquility and Moonlight nights. I splashed out the $40 to stay there and it was really nice to have a little fire by my hut and watch the ocean that I had surfed earlier that day.

It's a fantastic place and so beautiful. I was really tired by about 7:30 though
and decided to go and lay in the little hut. It was basically just a waist high carpeted platform to sleep on and felt just a floor really... Not the pocket sprung luxury I'm accustomed to in my 'princess and the pea' world at home. To be honest If I'd had a pea I would of used it as a pillow! However.... every cloud and all that.... due to my crap nights sleep (at one point I woke up and my little wicker door was wide open and I swear I saw a man with a big machette and a boiling cauldron with veggies in it... but no meat....yet!!) anyway..... due to a somewhat long stretch of insomnia I awoke before the sunrise and walked the length of the beach picking up shells and stuff. There are also white crabs called ghost crabs (not like the ones people get after they go to Ibiza for their holidays...these are a bit bigger). The crabs run around doing their stuff...not sure what? And when you approach they either run back to their holes in the sand or quickly burrow themsleves into the sand in what seems like a perfect hole. really fun to watch... but I guess you need to see it 'cos reading back on what I just wrote it doesn't sound that brill!

But I did get a nice shot of the sunrise... e' voila.

THese things once again make me realise how much goes on around us in nature and we take it all for granted. All this stuff is going on at home too, we have a sunrise (arguable I suppose) each day and there are little ceatures everywhere to watch but we never have or TAKE the time. So I'm really grateful for all of these little things and for the opportunity to take the time without an agenda or anything that really needs doing and the general business of life.

3 comments:

Candyklem said...

Guys I didn't know u had a blog!
Sweet now I can check out updates on your trip!
So stoked for you guys to get here! Hope you guys are having fun in Hawaii! Love to Lou!!
Love Candy
MWA! x

Pratt's Press said...

...and World Peace !!!!!!!!!! Bravo, Bravo lol x

Ben said...

I know you are having a right jolly and are probably too busy, but let's have an update.

My word verification is pubes. Did you choose them stuey?

Much love matey have a monster!